An infant so naive I was, all dressed up in white,
Completely unprepared I was, for the outside world tonight.
But I met you in the lavender! Oh I was transfixed,
My eyes only remember, you in my heart affixed.
First we joined our coral hearts, in a friendship to ever-last,
We slowly uncovered the arts, behind each others’ past,
Underneath the orange sky, you took a look at me,
I could see it in your eyes, you knew we were meant to be,
You whispered three words in my ear, our faces tinging red,
Oh, it was all I could think about, dear! As I lay at night in bed.
Distance made us yellow, and we started to break,
Until we both turned mellow, for our hearts began to ache,
Oh, I had set a crimson rose, upon the grave of my white,
Just so the almighty knows, I stored sorrow at each fight.
Underneath an orange sky, as the sun began to set,
I could see it in your eyes, you wanted a reset.
You came to me red rose in hand, and a smile on your face,
There you were taking a stand, to the trials embrace.
Side by side our love was pink, I knew we would prevail,
For we disallow our ship to sink, and that is how we sail.
©lightbehindthecloud (Tejasvi Kashyap)
• White rose: purity, innocence, reverence, a new beginning, a fresh start.
• Red rose: love, I love you
• Deep, dark crimson rose: mourning
• Pink rose: grace, happiness, gentleness
• Yellow rose: jealousy, infidelity
• Orange rose: desire and enthusiasm
• Lavender rose: love at first sight
• Coral rose: friendship, modesty, sympathy